PRIVACY NOTICE FOR BRUTUS
Who we are and what we do
JONATHAN FREEDMAN T/A BRUTUS
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE HOLD IN OUR FILES?
– Bank and other Financial references
– Postal address
– Correspondence & Contact with us – letters, emails
– Email Address
– Telephone number
– Bank Account details
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We fairly and lawfully use your data to:
– Provide the services required from us
– Pursue our legitimate interests in conducting our retail business
FROM WHERE DOES THIS INFORMATION COME?
Personal information held on our files arises from:
– You when you express an interest in our stock
– Our Agents
– On any request for services we are asked to perform for you
WHAT ARE OUR LEGAL GROUNDS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Legitimate interests, for example:
– Client Details
– Financial transaction records
– Debt Collection
– Public interest and operation of law, for example
– Health & Safety
– Anything else required by statute or regulation
– Consent -usually none but where we use your data under your consent we will obtain your consent specifically to do so in accordance with GDPR
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Relevant parts of your data are supplied to:
– Companies providing goods and services to us where they reasonably need it, in particular contact details and access limitations, for the performance of those services and supply of goods
– Our Accountants and Auditors
– Law enforcement
– Where you ask us to provide a reference or similar statement for you
We do not knowingly share your personal information on social media and we do not sell it to a third party.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take measures to ensure that personal information is held securely to a reasonable commercial standard and in accordance with our statutory obligations whether on paper, on electronic devices, or on any other media.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION?
6 Years all files are securely sent to SHRED-IT for secure document destruction.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR INFORMATION?
You have several statutory rights set out in the GDPR:
– Access: if you wish to receive more details of the personal information we hold, please contact the contact details below
– Rectification: if you believe that the information we hold is in accurate or incomplete you can request that it is corrected.
– Erasure: in certain circumstances you can request that your personal information deleted
– Portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
– Object: in certain circumstances you can object to our processing your information
– Restrict: where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict our processing
If we decide to refuse your request under rights we will provide you with reasons, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Please email email@example.com Failure to respond in 30 days you can complain to the UK Information Commissioner.
55 Blandford Street
Tel: 0207 224 4882